Sunday 19 May 2013

Watch this Space!

I'm saying 'Watch this Space' because so far I haven't got around to taking many photos of our exhibition. Hopefully I'll get around to that soon. Last Thursday Carolyn and I had a good look at everything and 'critiqued' each piece as we went along. Well, to be fair, it was mostly me that did that!
There's quite a lot to examine with 127 pieces catalogued and more besides. There was also Anna's flower arrangement and our group display to look at, so it took us quite a bit of time to take it all in.
Yesterday I was helping to steward the exhibition and we had a busy day, so no time for taking photos again...
As usual, visitors' have been very complimentary and I think it's the variety of work that people most enjoy.
Hand made lace, silk painting, metalwork, cross-stitch, box making, creative embroidery, mixed media, scrapbooking, felting, machine and hand embroidery, quilting, vessels, painted cushions, jewellery (including brooches, necklaces, cuffs, bracelets and earrings), doll-making, knitting, beading, up-cycled furniture, crochet, micro-macrame, silver-work and an oil painting.
What a diverse range of crafts in one exhibition. I'll be back there tomorrow night with my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment